Francisco & Michael’s Food Garden
Sunday 12 February, 2023
10.00am - 4.30pm
Full address to be provided upon booking
Entry: $8 Adults/$5 Students /Under 18 free
Visit all three productive gardens opening in Footscray on the same day for $20.
- Tickets can be booked and pre-paid online via TryBooking. You can also pay on the day.
- Sustainable practices are important to OGV, therefore where possible please either print your own garden notes or save them for viewing on your mobile device.
Booking via TryBooking
Please stay at home if you're unwell
Book and Pay Online Now
Visitors will just love the garden owner's passion and dedication to this inspiring garden.
Francisco shared the following Annie Dillard quote “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives” and he adds "I can gratefully say my days are filled with gardening".
This edible garden is a paradise. Every space has been maximised to creatively grow a huge variety of edible plants including asparagus, tomatoes, eggplant, celery, kale and golden chard and fruits including elderberry, pears, apples, apricots, passionfruit and peaches (the full list is much longer than that!!).
Francisco and Michael use the food they grow in every way - right down to making jams and pickles. This is a busy, urban garden that will give you many ideas how to grow your own food right in your own backyard.
Read more about this garden via their website and Instagram.
There are two other productive gardens opening in Footscray on this same day. Visit David's Garden and Marcus and Jen's Productive Garden.
Francisco and Michael's Food Garden is located on the lands of the Wurundjeri and Bunurong people. Open Gardens Victoria wish to acknowledge the Traditional custodians and we pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging.t Footscray
Extra Activities in the area:
- Braybrook Commons Community Garden: 107-139 Churchill Ave, Braybrook
- Murnong Garden and Yarraville Community Garden
- Pod Café: 638 Barkly St, West Footscray
- Migrant café: 3/576 Barkly St, West Footscray
- One for the Crow (vegan): 9 Commercial St, Maidstone
- Nancy: 182 Essex St, West Footscray
- Dumbo: 11 Argyle St, West Footscray
- Chestnut Tree Bookshop: 542 Barkly St, West Footscray
If catching public transport: Bus 216 from Brighton, through CBD, North Melbourne, Footscray and disembark at Richelieu Street West Footscray or catch the Sunbury Line train: disembark at West Footscray or Tottenham stations (15 minutes from Flinders Station).
Information and advice on garden visiting
Book and Pay Online Now