Giving Program/Student Grant
At Open Gardens Victoria we are extremely proud of our Giving Program which benefits charities and organisations that have a connection with horticultural activities. Last financial year we were pleased to award $40,000 from funds generated from ticket sales to our garden openings, events and from Friends’ subscriptions.
Our 2023 Giving Program recipients and their projects are:
- Advance College in Rosebud will build a garden so students can regularly interact positively with nature on the school grounds.
- Cultivating Community will use their funds for a series of seasonal workshops this year with the Victorian College for the Deaf.
- The University of Melbourne will be building a Woody Meadow on the Campus.
- Farmer Incubator will run a series of educational workshops at the market garden site, yet to be established at Bundoora.
We have also allocated funding for bushfire recovery projects and The Lakes Entrance Garden Club will receive the first of these funding allocations. Find out more about these exciting projects here.
OGV grant applications are now closed for 2023. If you have a project in mind that falls within one of our giving arms (Education, Wellness, Innovation, Community, and Sustainability), require funding, and meet our stated criteria, up to $10K can be applied for.
* Applications for 2023 are now closed.
MIFGS Student Design Competition
Following the success of our Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show (MIFGS) Student design competition this year, we’re pleased to be running it again for our MIFGS 2024 stand. We’re providing up to $10,000 to a current Horticulture or Garden Design student to design and install our MIFGS garden display.
The theme for this year’s garden is A Living Pantry inspiring the successful student to design and install a garden that is productive and sustainable, and aligns with OGV’s aim to promote the enjoyment and benefits of gardens. Entries close Saturday 30 September at 5pm.
Submission of applications
Competition details and design specifications are outlined in the MIFGS Student Competition document. Once you have read this document, please submit your application using the form below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org