8-10 Centenary Avenue, Macedon
Saturday 24 July, 2021 to
Sunday 25 July, 2021
10.00am - 4.30pm
$10 Adults/$6 Students
Under 18 free
Please note (due to Covid-19 protocols):
- Tickets must be booked and pre-paid online via TryBooking. You are free to enjoy the garden at your leisure. Specific timeslots are no longer required.
- Entry via payment at the gate will be accepted, but prior ticketed bookings will have precedence over pay-at-the-gate, and access will depend on available space in the garden.
Booking link - via Trybooking
Please note: Sustainable practices are important to OGV, therefore where possible please either print your own garden notes or save them for viewing on your mobile device.
Burke's Backyard visit Tugurium
Book and Pay Online Now
This wintry opening will give you the chance to see how the featuring foliage, texture and form of various plantings works harmoniously together with small pops of floral plumes to distract from the bare bones of the garden.
While many gardens are sleeping, Stephen Ryan’s private woodland-style garden shines in winter with winding paths draped in textured foliage, emerging bulbs and flowering gems from his collection of rare and unusual plants.
The garden is filled with a collection of rare and unusual plants, including species on the Plant Trust National Plant Collections Register. During winter the featured species will include Helleborus, Brugmansia (Angels Trumpets), Acanthus, Cyclamen coum (Persian Violet), and various winter flowering bulbs.
This will be the first time that Stephen's year-round garden is opening with OGV during winter, having previously opened in spring, summer and autumn.
The garden has been developed in a fairly unstructured way as befitting a woodland style which eminently suits the site. Meander through the woodland plantings, discover the circular lawn complete with orchard and neighbouring vegetable garden, and relish the pond with nearby ‘Cluckingham Palace’ which houses the ducks and chickens.
Stephen and Tugurium featured on the ABC's Gardening Australia's 30th anniversary special program – view the link here – it's a great introduction to the garden.
- Parking is available in Marshall Avenue
- Toilets are available in Centennial Park
- Stephen's nearby nursery Dicksonia Rare Plants http://www.stephenryan.com.au is located at 686 Mt Macedon Road
Information and advice on garden visiting
Book and Pay Online Now