8-10 Centenary Avenue, Macedon
Saturday 24 July, 2021 to
Sunday 25 July, 2021
“Unfortunately due to the extended lockdown in Victoria we’ve postponed our opening at Tugurium this weekend.
We’re busy behind the scenes sorting out logistics and will be in touch with all ticket holders in the coming days.
Thankyou for all your patience.”
10.00am - 4.30pm
$10 Adults/$6 Students
Under 18 free
Please note (due to Covid-19 protocols):
- Tickets must be booked and pre-paid online via TryBooking. You are free to enjoy the garden at your leisure. Specific timeslots are no longer required.
- Entry via payment at the gate will be accepted, but prior ticketed bookings will have precedence over pay-at-the-gate, and access will depend on available space in the garden.
- Sustainable practices are important to OGV, therefore where possible please either print your own garden notes or save them for viewing on your mobile device.
Booking link - via Trybooking
Stephen Ryan has set up a Youtube channel Welcome to The Horti-Culturalists!!! - An introduction to who we are and what you can expect!
Alternatively you can Google 'The Horti-Culturalists'
Stephen's Webpage is stephenryan.com.au
Burke's Backyard visit Tugurium
Book and Pay Online Now
Experience Stephen Ryan’s extraordinary private garden at Macedon filled with a collection of rare and unusual plants, including species on the Plant Trust National Plant Collections Register, amongst which are Acanthus, Sambucus and Osmanthus.
Meander through the woodland plantings, stumble across the circular lawn complete with orchard and neighbouring vegetable garden, and relish the pond with nearby ‘Cluckingham Palace’ which houses the ducks and chickens.
Visitors to the open garden can enjoy artist Craig Lidgerwood’s botanical artworks and peruse the rare plants for sale, both at the garden and at Stephen's renowned nursery Dicksonia Rare Plants at 686 Mt Macedon Road.
Rare plants for sale both at the garden open and at Stephen's nearby nursery Dicksonia Rare Plants
Stephen and Tugurium featured on the ABC's Gardening Australia's 30th anniversary special program – view the link here – it's a great introduction to the garden.
- Parking strictly on Marshal avenue (off Centenary Ave)
- Toilets are available in Centennial Park
Information and advice on garden visiting
Book and Pay Online Now