500 Upper Goulburn Road, Tallarook Vic 3659
Saturday 21 October, 2023 to
Sunday 22 October, 2023
Strictly only opening on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 October. Please respect the garden owners' privacy and visit only during opening hours.
10.00am - 4.30pm
Entry: $10 Adults/$6 Students (with ID card) /Under 18 free
- Tickets can be booked and pre-paid online via TryBooking. You can also pay on the day.
- Sustainable practices are important to OGV, therefore where possible please either print your own garden notes or save them for viewing on your mobile device.
Booking via Trybooking
If you’re a tertiary student, why not purchase our OGV Student Pass, providing you with entry to all our garden openings for the year for just $25. Find out more and purchase your pass via TryBooking.
Become a Friend of OGV and receive two x 2 for the price of 1 garden passes, plus a one off 10% discount to some of Victoria's best garden centres via Trybooking.
Please stay at home if you're unwell
Book and Pay Online Now
Rokeby is a historic property originally settled in 1837 as part of the 27,000 acre Tallarook Run. The current homestead dates from the 1870s and was given a major renovation in the 1920s.
The original shingled cottage which predates the homestead, is still present in the garden.
Set at the base of the dramatic Tallarook Ranges near the Goulburn River, the garden incorporates: a formal citrus grove, rose garden, ‘Avenue of Honour’ and a luxurious secret garden.
The garden has been described as a private country paradise, with a wonderful sense of calm and loose plantings.
With free-draining, granitic soil and an average annual rainfall of only 550mm, microclimates have been created in the garden to grow plants that would normally not thrive.
The garden style is ‘Gardenesque’ with paths meandering through diverse plantings of over 1500 species and vistas to the countryside.
It includes some interesting pieces of sculpture and a water feature which are used as focal points.
Enjoy classic Spring flowers including wisterias, roses and numerous bulbs, in a gorgeous country garden setting. A highlight is an ancient Aboriginal Ring Tree grafted centuries ago by the Taungurung people.
This opening will also have:
- Tea and coffee available for purchase.
- A lunch box (including a limited number of gluten free lunch boxes) will be available for purchase. Includes savoury and sweet food and a bottle of water.
- Wine tastings from two local wineries - Brave Goose Winery and Box Groove Winery - are free, wines from the wineries may be purchased by the glass or by the bottle.
- Plants, many of which are rare, will be available for purchase.
- An exhibition of old photographs of the property.
Rokeby is located on the lands of the Taungurung people. Open Gardens Victoria wish to acknowledge the Traditional custodians of this land and we pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging.
Other activities in the area:
Information and advice on garden visiting
Book and Pay Online Now