415 White Hill Road, Dromana
Saturday 9 November, 2019 to
Sunday 10 November, 2019
10.00am - 4.30pm
Entry $10 Students $5 Under 18 free
This beautiful garden on the Mornington Peninsula was the passion of Jean Duncan who first established the garden in 1950. Today it is a wonderful mix of old and new. Paths weave under pergolas, arches, arbors and gazebos past a 130 year old Cypress driveway and 400 roses which will be an absolute delight in November.
Recent plantings are much sharper. Themed garden ‘rooms’ are set around a stunning, contemporary architecturally-designed house. You will find a Japanese garden, sunken rose garden, sandy areas planted with succulents, and a lake fringed with yellow water iris inspired by the gardens of Monet.
All proceeds from the garden opening will be donated to Groomed To Go
Other places and activities to enjoy in the local area include:
- Torello Farm – peninsula grown, grazed and gathered food
- Merricks General Store – wine, food, art and produce
- Red Hill Village – cafes, restaurants, cellars and providores
- Wineries and art galleries throughout the Mornington Pensinsula region
- Dromana foreshore
- Arthurs Seat – bushland, views and Arthurs Seat Eagle gondola
Information and advice on garden visiting