8-10 Centenary Avenue, Macedon
Saturday 7 December, 2019 to
Sunday 8 December, 2019
10.00am - 4.30pm
Entry $8 Students $5 Under 18 free
Come and experience Stephen Ryan’s extraordinary private garden at Macedon.
This garden is filled with a collection of rare and unusual plants, including species on the Plant Trust National Plant Collections Register, amongst which are Acanthus, Sambucus and Osmanthus.
The garden has been developed in a fairly unstructured way as befitting a woodland style which eminently suits the site, and from the beginning as wide a range of plants as possible were established due to Stephen being a compulsive plant collector.
Meander through the woodland plantings, stumble across the circular lawn complete with orchard and neighbouring vegetable garden, and relish the pond with nearby ‘Cluckingham Palace’ which houses the ducks and chickens.
Visitors to the open garden can also purchase artist Craig Lidgerwood’s botanical artworks and visit Dicksonia Rare Plants http://www.stephenryan.com.au at 686 Mt Macedon Road.
Other places of interest which you may wish to visit as part of your visit to the open garden include:
- Eat at Baringo Food & Wine Co, Mount Macedon Hotel, Mount Macedon Winery or one of the many cafes and restaurants at Daylesford
- Explore Hanging Rock or Macedon Regional Park walking trails, including Mt Macedon Memorial Cross and Sanitorium Lake
- Visit historic gardens on the Mount open to the public: Tieve Tara Gardens and Forest Glade Gardens
- Visit Mount Macedon Nursery and Springhill Nursery (as well as Dicksonia Rare Plants above)
- Visit Piper Street, Kyneton with its various shops, galleries and cafes
Information and advice on garden visiting