Our Kids Corner contributor - Jane Byrne, brings you - Crazy critters!
As you know, I love recycling. What better way to recycle than using your milk, cream or sauce plastic bottles to make some crazy critters. I have used a variety of bottles to create planters for my thyme, chives and chalk sticks, but you could plant seeds, seedlings, anything you want!
What you will need
- A selection of plastic bottles
- Waterproof markers of various colours
- Potting mix
- Draw your crazy faces with a waterproof marker. Make sure they are REALLY crazy!!!
- Ask an adult to help you cut the top off your bottle. This can be difficult as some bottles are very thick.
- Make sure you put some holes in the bottom of your bottle as the water will need to drain out. We don’t want soggy plants!
- Using some potting mix put some in the bottom of the bottle and place your plant carefully on top.
Water your plant in well.
- Check and make sure the excess water drains out from the base of your planter.
- I check my plants for watering, by putting my finger into the soil. If it is dry, give it a drink.
Good luck! We would love to see pictures of your crazy critters! Send them to email@example.com
To select one of our Kids corner activities, click on our past activities link below.