60 Hagues Road, Barkers Creek
Saturday 21 April, 2018 to
Sunday 22 April, 2018
10.00am - 4.30pm
Entry price $8 (U18 free). Students $5.
As soon as you enter the gate at Hedgehogs you will encounter a beautiful Gordon Ford designed pond with granite surrounds and luxuriant plantings.
The garden has distinct areas which are all connected via winding gravel paths, so that each area comes into view.
This is a peaceful garden with a colour palette of soft mauve, blue and white – with splashes of other colours here and there – all of which will be enhanced by richer coloured flowering plants.
Notably, the gates and follies have been made by the owners, as has the pizza oven.
Other features of the garden include:
- beautiful eucalypts which act as a backdrop to the garden in which over 30 fruit and nut trees are also incorporated in various enclosures and follies;
- avocado and citrus in micro-climates and a raspberry house;
- a very productive vegetable garden with ‘snake paths’;
- a ha-ha wall at the rear of the house, with the lower area overlooking a small dam surrounded by yellow iris;
- a grapevine walk under-planted with iris; and
- various areas of massed plantings of daylilies, correas and roses.
Please take the opportunity to visit other garden openings in the Goldfields this weekend:
- Sally's Garden, 43 Steane Street, Kennington, Bendigo 3550
- Belleville, 26-28 Market Street, Dunolly 3472
Garden notes are written by the garden owners to describe their garden. Download and print to bring when you visit the garden.