80 Lakeside Drive, Gherang
Saturday 1 October, 2016 to
Sunday 9 October, 2016
10.00am - 4.30pm
Entry price $8 (children U18 free)
A beautifully blended combination of drought tolerant perennials, natives, and succulents make up this colourful and textured four-acre garden in the foothills of the Otways. Superb echiums and sculptural banksias are a feature of this sustainable garden. Interesting garden objects and sculptures provide added interest.
Gardenalia is a wonderful example of what can be achieved with careful planning and attention to plant selection in a bushland setting. Planting is designed to cope with poor soil profiles and limited water.
Refreshments and plant sales will be available and picnics are welcomed on the Orchard Lawn annex of the garden.
5 things to do in the area
- The Birregurra Festival is just a short drive further along the Cape Otway Road: Sat & Sun
- Lunch Options: Moriac’s ‘Ravens Creek Farm’, Brae (bookings essential) or Birregurra’s Royal Mail Hotel, the General Store, The Meating Place Café, or at the Birregurra Festival
- Walk the Heritage Trail around Birregurra (leaflets available in the town centre)
- Plan a visit to historic Barwon Park, Winchelsea (a National Trust building)
- Visit the Colac Botanic Gardens located on Lake Corangamite, 15 minutes from Birregurra
Garden notes are written by the garden owners to describe their garden.
Download and print to bring when you visit the garden.