514 Humffray Street South, Golden Point, Ballarat
Saturday 29 April, 2017 to
Sunday 30 April, 2017
10.00am - 4.30pm
Entry price $8 (U18 free). Students $5
This is a much-loved garden filled with an eclectic mix of plants showing off the garden owner’s passion for form, texture and shape. The garden comprises a large collection of orchids, ferns and bonsai, as well as sculptures created from left-over garden materials. Nothing goes to waste in this quirky urban garden. Upon entry you walk through a forest of silver birches while hearing the tranquillity of water beside you. Thereafter you are left to meander through paths flanked by a mix of exotic plants and sculptures.
There will also be plants for sale at the garden opening.
Other places of interest and activities in the local region include:
- Visit Ballarat Botanical Gardens on Lake Wendouree – Gillies Street North
- Sturt Street Gardens – Sturt Street
- Sovereign Hill and the Gold Museum – Bradshaw Street
- Art Gallery of Ballarat – 40 Lydiard Street, Ballarat North
- Ballarat Heritage Tour – See town info
You may also like to visit the Hillside Garden, 21 Picton Street, Sebastopol, which is also one of our Open Gardens this weekend.
Garden notes are written by the garden owners to describe their garden.
Download and print to bring when you visit the garden.